Understanding Downgrade Rights
The availability of Windows 7 presents a great opportunity for you to consult with your customers and grow your business. With higher levels of reliability, security, performance, administration, and support offered by Windows 7, you can make a strong business case for the Windows 7 operating system.
When and Why Would Customers Use Downgrade Rights for Windows 7?
- Your customer's organization needs a new system running on the same platform as its existing systems—Windows Vista Business.
Downgrade rights offer a practical solution. The customer can:
- Purchase a PC with Windows 7 Professional preinstalled.
- Downgrade—at no additional cost—to Windows Vista.
- Another compelling reason to encourage customers to move to Windows 7 is the ability to downgrade to Windows XP.
- Move to Windows 7 Professional at the appropriate time. The system is licensed and ready for conversion.